Material Handling Equipments for various other Industries
SMCS Screw Conveyors
The screw conveyor is one of the oldest methods of conveying materials known to mankind with the original design dating back to more than two thousand years. Since the screw conveyor came into general use a little over a century ago for moving grains, fine coal and other bulk material of the times, it has come to occupy a unique place in a growing area of material handling processing. Today, modern technology has made the screw conveyor one of the most efficient and economical methods of moving bulk material.
What are the advantages?
SMCS Screw Conveyors...
- are compact and easily adapted to congested locations.
- can be used to control the flow of material in processing operations which depend upon accurate batching.
- are versatile and can be employed in horizontal, inclined and vertical installations.
- can be used as a mixer or agitator to blend dry or fluid ingredients, provide crystallization or coagulant action, or maintain solutions in suspension.
- can be sealed to prevent the escape of dust or fumes from inside the conveyor; or keep dust or moisture from entering from outside the conveyor.
- can be jacketed to serve as a drier or cooler by running hot or cold water through the jacket.